1. Facebook Insights: This may seem a little obvious, but if you are managing a Facebook
fan page before you begin looking for more in-depth tools, make sure you check out
your Facebook insights page to see how many people are participating, liking stories or
2. Sysomos Facebook Page Central: Facebook Page Central offers auto-moderation,
email notiﬁcations of posts, a dashboard monitoring key metrics and sentiment, and
identiﬁcation of top fans and themes.
3. Vitrue: Vitrue helps you moderate the comments on your Facebook page, send targeted messages to people who have “liked” your company and more.
4. mediafeedia: This free service helps you schedule posts, manage multiple accounts,
set admins, create custom tabs and notiﬁes you by email of activity on your fan page.
5. NorthSocial: Interested in supercharging your Facebook page with apps and promotions that help drive more trafﬁc? Then you’ll want to check out NorthSocial, a powerful tool that can take your Facebook promotions to the next level.
To measure your app installs and engagement, you need to integrate your app with the Facebook SDK. When your app is installed or someone lands on the app page you specified, the SDK code lets Facebook know that an install (or other action) has happened. See the Blueprint Mobile SDK course for more info.
See how many people are participating, liking stories or leaving comments. Facebook Insights was originally focused on providing metrics for the planning of Facebook Ad campaigns by Page owners, but it has been steadily increasing its scope to include feedback to Open Graph partners. In addition to activity and demographics on Page usage, it can now provide feedback regarding social plugins such as Likes and Comments. Sites can track their Like activity and can determine which components are most productive. Sites using the comment plugin can also see impressions, a number of comments and the number of times that the comments were seen and clicked on Facebook.
Facebook Insights provides administrators with the “Friends of Fans” metric, telling admins just how many people they can potentially reach organically. Friends of fans are extremely important — they are more likely to visit a brand’s Facebook Page or website, purchase a brand’s products and become fans themselves. Organically, these Facebook fans can easily be reached through the Facebook Ticker, which tracks all user activity. Keep your fans interacting with your brand, and their friends will see all “liking” activity, comments and posts in the top right of their news feed.
Klout Score for Facebook
- Mentions: Mention of your name in a post indicates engagement with you directly.
- Likes: The simplest action that shows engagement with the content you create.
- Comments: As reactions to content you share, comments also reflect direct engagement by your network.
- Subscribers: Subscriber count is a more persistent measure of influence that grows over time.
- Wall Posts: Posts to your wall indicate both influence and engagement.
- Friends: Friend count measures the reach of your network but is less important than how your network engages with your content
For direct response creative, it is best to keep to one focal point, use a strong call-to-action, and create an emotional reward. Audience Insights, Facebook Insights, and Facebook Analytics for Apps can help you better understand the demographics of your most engaged audiences. The best practices for conversion optimization on direct responses ads are setting different bids for low and high lifetime value users, bidding your true value, and Increasing your bid if you’re willing to pay more per objective. A Custom Audience is an ad targeting option that lets advertisers find their existing audiences among people who are on Facebook. See Clicks To Websites for Ads.