- Clarify the focus for the event
- Playful rules – this is about enabling – not disabling
- One conversation at a time
- Stay focused on the task
- Encourage wild ideas
- Go for quantity
- Be visual
- Defer judgment
- Build on the ideas of others
- Number your ideas – allows indexing later
- Build and jump – use flip-chart carousels – staying in one place too long limits ideas
- The space remembers – what has happened in it, going back from when it was constructed
- Stretch your mental muscles – challenge – get outside the box
- Get physical – keep moving, use AVK resources
- Have come to recognize that innovation is more than just a process, or indeed an attitude. It is a style that is a factor of leadership and team working. It is that unique combination of factors which enable change and new ways of thinking.
- Brainstormer killers: the boss gets to speak first, everybody gets a turn, off-site, no silly stuff, and don’t write down everything
- 60 minutes only (90 max)
- Playful, visual
- No notes, don’t take turns
- Fill all walls and flat spaces with butcher paper, use post-its and Sharpie markers (the power of spatial memory)
- Sketching, mind mapping, diagrams, and stick figures
- Watch for chances to build and jump
- Number your ideas
- Vote on best ideas
ABC News (1999), The Deep Dive, ABC News Home Video of Nightline on 2/9/99. 2. IDEO San Francisco (3/29/2001), DePaul Healthcare Innovation and Design Plan 3.
The Art of Innovation: Lessons in Creativity from IDEO, America’s Leading Design Firm. Kelley, Tom. Doubleday, 2001
The Innovation Equation: Building Creativity and Risk Taking in your Organization, Byrd, 2003, Wiley
Weird Ideas that Work: 11½ Practices for Promoting, Managing, and Sustaining Innovation. Sutton, Robert I. 2002. New York: Free
Innovation-what consumer need we are not meeting?
- Make a great entrance
- Make metaphors
- Think briefcase (Make the customer emotionally attached to the product)
- Color inspires
- Backstage pass (Let customers know what’s going on behind the curtain)
- Make your product or service work faster and simpler
- Make it goof-proof
- First, do no harm
- Make a checklist of the “essentials” before you begin a project
- Great accessories can carry a product (the right small touches)
Diffusion of innovations: diffusion is the process by which innovation spreads, helpful in developing a successful product strategy
4 crucial elements in the diffusion of new ideas are:
1) an innovation
2) which is communicated through certain channels
3) over time
4) among the members of a social system
3 extraneous variables affect the rate of diffusion: the degree of perceived newness, the perceived attributes of the innovation, and the method used to communicate the idea; the more innovative a product is perceived to be, the more difficult it is to gain market acceptance
5 characteristics of an innovation:
1) relative advantage: perceived marginal value of the new product relative to the old
2) compatibility: with acceptable behavior, value, norms, etc
3) complexity: degree of complexity associated with product use
4) trialability: degree of economic and/or social risk associated with product use
5) observability: ease with which the product benefits can be communicated
Mobile Media Agent
SQL, SAS, FTP, Data Mining, Cluster Analysis, Regression
Creating a new form with the form wizard lets you create a customized form in seconds. Forms are used on your website to collect information about visitors. For example, you may use a form on your Contact Us page, or require visitors to complete a form before doing a product test-drive.
allow you to manage the forms yourself and simply post the data to Pardot. This allows you to do any sort of customization that you would like in terms of the forms look and feel and still have Pardot provide the tracking and error.
Connectors allow Pardot to sync with third party applications such as a CRM system, paid search platforms, or email marketing solution. Data can be passed back and forth between the two applications allowing a user to manage many formerly disparate marketing channels from within the Pardot interface. As an AppExchange certified solution, Pardot can sync with salesforce.com Professional Edition accounts or higher.
Pardot can hook into your Google AdWords account and track prospects that reach you through paid search. You can tie cost data from AdWords to opportunity data from your CRM to determine your true cost per qualified lead and search engine marketing ROI.
LeadDeck is a desktop application that allows your sales and marketing teams to get real-time alerts of visitor and prospect activity from their desktop. Results refresh every minute and when your visitors take action LeadDeck will pop-up small, unobtrusive notifications that users can click for more information.