Develop technical design: Strategy for data integration, Static vs. dynamic screens, Transaction flow design, Quality assurance testing plan, Security + stability, Technical specifications, Review design prototype and test, BLOG TOPICS AND TAGS
7. Finalize development: Production of screen graphics, Development of HTML Templates, Content Freeze, Insert content into screens, Approval of beta site, and test beta site for quality. Check navigation: Is there a clear content hierarchy and organization? Is the site structure intuitive and user-friendly? Design and layout: Perform a HTML validation test via a CSS validator like validator.w3org. Assess the overall design and layout. Does it meet your expectations?Performance: Do your pages load quickly? Run a test with a tool like Yslow or developer.yahoo.com/yslow. User test of beta site
- Query string parameters
- Server redirects
- Flash and AJAX events – We need to add Event Tracking
- Multiple subdomains
- Responsive Web Design?
II. ACCOUNT SETUP
Global Social Media Marketing Ios HO – mobile app data; Use SDK
- Master View
- Test View
- Unfiltered View – To ensure you can always access the original data.
- Tablet Only
- Smartphone Only
Global Social Media Marketing Android HO- mobile app data
- Master View
- Test View
- Unfiltered View
- Tablet Only
- Smartphone Only
Global Social Media Marketing – Website Data
- Master View
- Unfiltered View
Google Analytics Hierarchy: Account > Property > View.
III. MEASUREMENT PLANNING
Create Advanced filters, Cross-domain tracking, Event tracking, and Custom Dimensions.
- Document Business Objectives: Get App Downloads and Make Sales
- Identify strategies and tactics:
- E-commerce – Selling pro accounts, pro hire accounts, supplier accounts, supplier pro hire accounts
- Lead Generation – Collecting new homeowners, suppliers, and stores
- Content Publisher – Engagement & Frequent Visitation from social shares, blog recency/frequency
- Online information – Help customers information
- Branding – Awareness, Engagement, & Loyalty
- Choose KPIs: HomeOwner App Downloads, Pro App Downloads, Website Visits, Revenue Generated, Leads Generated, Blog Recency/Frequency
- Choose segments: Marketing channel, new vs. returning, Geography
- Choose targets
IV. IMPLEMENTATION PLAN
- Standard dimensions -> basic page tag & metrics
- Business outcomes -> goals & e-commerce
- Clean, Accurate Data -> filters & settings
- Marketing channels -> Campaign tracking & Adwords linking
- Simplified Reporting -> Custom reports & dashboards
Google Url Builder: Mediums include Organic, CPC, Social, Email, and Referral.
VI. SETUP GOALS
- Destination: thanks.html
- Duration: 5 minutes or more
- Pages/Screens per visit: 3 pages
- Event: Played a video, downloaded app, contact sales
VII. SAVE FILTERS
Filter by lowercase filter and internal IP employee addresses
Auto Tagging automatically imports:
- Ad content
- Keyword match type
- Ad placement domain
- Reporting interface
- Change the date range –Date range comparison to compare two date ranges in a report.
- Graph data
- Plot data
- Filter and sort data
- Adjust which metrics appear in your reports
- The Users metric measures users that had at least 1 session on your site in a date range.
- Bounce Rate – % of visits when user lands on your website + exited without interactions
- Dimension – An attribute of a data set that can be organized for better analysis.
- Metric – numbers in a data set often paired with dimensions.
- Secondary dimension – An additional dimension you add to a report for specific analysis.
- Browser & OS report – identify potential browser issues with your website traffic.
- Devices report – under “Mobile” discover if users viewing your website on mobile
- Multi-channel funnel reports – attribution modeling
- Cohort Analysis report – Group an audience based on their acquisition date and then compare behavior metrics over a series of weeks.
- Admin and enable demographic reporting enabled
- Internal search tracking setup for all website data views
- Build a spreadsheet with links
- Exit pages – for where people are leaving
- All Traffic report – understand which traffic sources result in the most conversions
- The Multi-channel Funnel report – How certain channels and campaigns assist other channels and eventually drive conversions.
- Using segmentation, in conjunction with the Audience report, you can help develop profiles of which customers convert and which do not, so you can better understand their behavior and adjust your marketing accordingly.
- The Product List Performance report – which on-site selling tools work best.
- The Product Performance report – which products are frequently viewed, added to the shopping cart, and whether they’re eventually purchased.
- The Shopping Behavior report – how customers progress through the various shopping stages on your site.
- Checkout Behavior Analysis report – where you’re losing customers in the checkout process.
- Event tracking report
- High Bounce Rate Pages
- Demographics and Interests Reports– Enable User permissions on the view to see data
- Content Drilldown report – particular sections of your website content performed
- Goal types – include Destination, Duration, Pages/Screens per session, and Event.
- Landing Pages report – lists the pages of your website where users first arrived
- Admin -> property -> Adword linking
- Adwords account id; view link accounts
- AUTO TAGGING OF ADWORDS TO
- ACQUISITION – ADWORDS CAMPAIGNS
- SECONDARY DIMENSION AD SLOT.
- Add the Analytics tracking code to each page of your site: Google Analytics can collect behavioral data from E-commerce platforms, Mobile Applications, and Online point-of-sales systems. “Admin” tab > “Tracking Info” > “Tracking Code.”
- Create segments for pages to events
- Enable remarketing: Go to admin click on Tracking info -> data collection; admin audience, audience definitions, audiences
Use filters to exclude data from a view, include data in a view and modify which data appears in your reports. Google Analytics filters data in the order in which the filters are set. Add custom dimensions. Admin, property, custom definitions, custom dimension, Event tracking for user experience. Query parameters = keywords. Strip query parameters out of URL.
XI. ENABLE DYNAMIC MARKETING
Click audience definitions, dynamic attributes. Use The Measurement Protocol to send data to Google Analytics from a web-connected device like a point-of-sale system. Custom Dimensions can be used as secondary dimensions in Standard reports or ss primary dimensions in Custom Reports. To collect the number of comments users posted to a web page on your site you can create a custom metric. An event hit for reporting is Category, Action, Label, Value. You can apply a Custom Dimension to data you collected before you created the dimension and made it active. Create Custom Report? You’ve applied a filter that filters out all of your data —-You have included dimensions and metrics of different scopes. View a static, sortable table that displays rows of data in a Custom report by creating a Flat Table. Custom Reports in Google Analytics let you do which of the following? Use multiple dimensions together in the same report, create a report with Custom Metrics, and use a Custom Dimension as a primary dimension.
XII. ACTIVE USERS REPORT
Google Analytics would credits conversions prior to the final interaction with an assisted conversion. Multi-channel Funnel reports can credit conversions across website referrals, paid and organic search, and custom campaigns. In Multi-channel Funnel reports, conversions and e-commerce transactions are attributed to the last campaign, search, or ad that referred the user. Behavior flow report – a visual representation of which pages users entered your website on, use the To see which pages on your site get the most traffic and highest engagement, view the All Pages Report. Use the Referral Report to look at working with other websites to send traffic to your pages. Google Analytics allow you to compare at once 4 segments. “Remarketing” is when you show users targeted ads to bring them back to your website and encourage a conversion. Which of these are remarketing audiences that you can define: Users who visited a specific page on your website, users who played a video on your website, and users who speak a particular language. Predefined Segment and Custom Segment imported to define a remarketing audience? To set up Dynamic Remarketing for a retail vertical, what must you link your AdWords account to? The Google Merchant Center. To set up Dynamic Remarketing, what do you need to create in the Google Analytics Admin area? Custom Dimension. Ecommerce Analytics and Model Comparison Tool. In our attribution model, what works best for brand awareness vs. closer. To use the Product List Performance and Shopping Behavior Analysis reports, you must first implement Enhanced E-commerce on your website.
XIII. DYNAMIC REPORTING: Users who viewed product detail pages, users who sign up to your email newsletter, and users who abandoned their shopping carts are people you want to target with Dynamic Remarketing. Put in a user-defined variable that records conversion amount in the Conversion Value field to dynamically capture the conversion values associated with your AdWords tag. Set up Dynamic Remarketing in Tag Manager by enabling data collection for Advertising Features in Analytics account admin settings. AdWords uses Dynamic attributes to generate dynamic ads based on a user’s past interactions with website products and services. The Google Analytics Help Center can provide a list of business-vertical attributes for Dynamic Remarketing. For Dynamic Remarketing, a Data Layer variable needs to be set up in Tag Manager to collect information in the data layer. Use the Event track data layer to collect when a user adds a product to their shopping cart without refreshing the page. To set your tag to fire on a particular page, what set your trigger variable to be set to Page URL.