A recent study found that 56% of impressions aren’t even seen. YouTube’s huge reaches more 18-34-year-olds than any U.S .cable network. Youtube has a great mobile reach, ad formats that drive engagement and value, campaign performance and tracking optimization, integration with Google Play for tracking and targeting, and inventory transparency.
Across the mobile landscape, Google has a global reach:
- Mobile app network with 650,000 apps
- Top mobile search engine
- Mobile web display network of 500,000 mobile-optimized sites on the GDN
- Mobile video platform with half of YouTube views on mobile devices
- Mobile email client with Gmail
Measure mobile actions that users take like purchase, call, app download, directions. Then measure those across channels like search, video, display, in-app, and across devices. Google lets you turn data into action with its bidding, targeting, and optimization tools. You can turn cross-channel and -device insights into bidding and optimization decisions.
- Conversion Optimizer for apps: AdWords measures signals like location, time of day, CTR, device and adjusts bids accordingly across search and display inventory to help advertisers hit desired cost-per-install goals.
- Confirmed clicks: Google’s mobile display ads help prevent accidental clicks by verifying each person’s intentions before directing to the app download page.
- Automatic exclusions: Google’s mobile app promotion template ads are excluded from showing to people who’ve downloaded the app.
Google Play, you get unique insights and custom targeting.
- Similar app installers: Target users who’ve downloaded apps in the same category as yours (e.g, a hotel-finder app could target those who’ve already download travel apps)
- In-app purchasers: Target users who’ve either paid for apps or made a purchase within an app (e.g., a gaming advertiser might target people who’ve previously spent money in game apps)
- Codeless Android app install tracking: Google lets advertisers track their Android downloads without having to add code to the app
- Smart Phone Tips
- Tapping into Mobile App Installs
- Tapping into Mobile App Engagement
- Good Call
- Create an effective mobile site by testing your site.
Apps can offer features that mobile sites can’t, such as notifications, camera integration, and one-click purchasing.To that end, companies should develop their apps to enable “deep linking,” which makes it possible for online ads to direct users into deeper, more targeted sections of an app than the homepage. This can be an invaluable tool for engaging with existing app users and immediately driving them to new offers, products, or features that can be accessed or bought within the app. Select events that are likely to take place within a short time frame, such as 30 days, in order to identify valuable users early. Include actions focused on engagement, such as opening the app or searching within it, in addition to transaction-oriented actions.
Set your mobile bid based on the value mobile generates.
- From the Campaigns tab, click Segment and choose Device
- Choose campaigns with enough data for consistent results (90 days/more than 20 conversions on both Mobile and Computer)
- Find Computer conversion rate and mobile conversion rate using Estimated Total Conversions column.
- Divide mobile conversion rate by computer conversion rate -1
- Mobile conversion rate = 4.43%
- Computer conversion rate = 3.96%
- (4.43% / 3.96%) -1 = 0.118 = 12%
Mobile bid = (mobile conversion rate / desktop conversion rate)
Display Planner generates ideas for all the ways you can target the Display Network. Targeting ideas are based on your customers’ interests or your landing page. They include keywords, placements (websites, videos, mobile apps, mobile app categories), topics, interests (affinities, in-market segments), demographics (age, gender), and remarketing. You can find the Display Planner under the Tools.