BUILD CONTENT CREATION FRAMEWORK STRATEGY: Conceptualizing your content, planning and setting timelines, creating a workflow, reviewing content (brand style guide), publishing, promotion, internal organization, and analyzing the results.
Check out line resources like the Hubspot Blog Topic Generator. Start planning out a timeline for the next 3 months with two content offers you want to create. For Example, an Ebook or webinar for the awareness or design stage. Additional content includes posts on tradeshows you will be attending, rebranding, new corporate partnerships, various events, and sharing company updates. Build content creation framework strategy workflow should identify who is going to be doing what tasks, identify outside influencers who will be contributing, and have an intuitive breakdown of the work.
Outline completed -> First Draft Completed -> Editing Completed -> Design and Formatting completed ->Final Draft Completed -> Published
The review process could involve getting authorization to publicly release your content, getting an SEO specialist to format and update the content, and working with your technical team to make website updates. Reviewing and editing content best practices are to set clear expectations, allow for multiple rounds of edits, make suggestions by tracking progress, determine editing timeline, use a document to track changes, and clearly identify roles in the reviewal process. Review grammatical errors with grammarly, look for story gaps, optimize SEO content, and spend some time fact-checking. You want to have between two to four edits before publishing. You’ll need to identify how you want to drive people to your new content. Inbound.org and the Content Marketing Institute are great resources. Develop a clear nomenclature system.
Content Format -> Buyer’s Journey Stage -> Campaign -> Year
Resources to build content creation framework strategy need to build out an execute framework for team and tools. Primary types of responsibilities to build content creation framework strategy include Content Management and Strategy, Writing, Editing, Designing, and Coordinating. The Content Marketing Strategist is the quarterback of the content team. Outsource content creation to scripted, writeraccess, and blogmutt. Blink test – the average website visitor spends three to five seconds scanning a website.
Make value proposition clear in the title. The relevant image that supports the context of the title. Call-to-action in the upper right-hand corner to subscribe. Read additional supporting resources via the blue hyperlinks in the body. The Marketing coordinator is in charge of listening and engaging with the target market. Tools needed to manage your content include Content Management System, Analytics, Planning and Internal Communication. You’ll need a CMS to create, edit, and publish your content. Google Analytics is a great option for understanding where leads are coming from, what kind of device they are using, how long they’re staying on pages, pull custom, granular reports on your site’s traffic.
On average, people consume 285 pieces of content every single day. Effective writing core attributes include:
- Attention-grabbing headline: 80% will read your headline, 20% of people will read the entire article; specific and how to benefit reader; How-to format, List format, Question format, negative angle format, Secret of format, Little known, advice, tips, or tricks format, you should know this format, interesting data format, quick tip format,
- Tone Relevant to your readers – match the attitude of your readers
- Help the reader do something
- Add to the conversation
- Write for the way people search
- Solid Structure
- One core idea
- Supports your brand messaging
- Has a relevant call-to-action: You need to tell readers what to do next
- Free of errors and poor grammar
- Main subheading
- Why it Matters Subheading
- Conclusion subheading
Initial idea and title, your research and data collect facts/quotes, you perform a brain dump writing out all your ideas, content writing, then editing.Editing allows you to eliminate what is irrelevant and what does not support your argument. Contractions help you sound more conversational. Believe in the scissors more than the pencil. Send each article to a team member to review. Common Grammer and Style mistakes to check for:
- Use contractions
- Write with simple language
- Use the active voice – subject is performing and not boring; becomes tiring
- Be clear and concise
- Use short sentences and paragraphs
- Cut fluffy words from your writing – very, really, actually, just, credibly, in order too; adverbs with ly to describe action or too many adjectives; Hemmingway editor
- Adhere to a style guide: AP, CHICAGO, INTERNAL, ETC. how to handle punctuation, grammar, voice, and tone, industry-specific terms, common mistakes, any brand specific guidelines
- Use “you” and “your” to be more conversational
- Avoid jargon –
- Don’t be snarky
- Use Spell Check